Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing #9

I found Technorati to be the most user-friendly search tool. I dislike Topix. I feel like many of these tools are too cluttered and unorganized. I realize there is a lot of information to include on one page, but it is overwhelming when you are trying to learn these tools.

I found some useful feeds by accident when typing in a desired keyword. I think some of the feeds require extremely narrow search terms in order to find what you want. I do feel that these tools will be more helpful when I have the need to find the answer to something specific. I won't give up just yet!

1 comment:

  1. You're so right. Technorati is full of information but it can be overwhelming at first. Advanced searching is definitely necessary in order to focus on the material you really need.

    ReplyDelete