Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #7

For Thing #7, I signed up for a google alert on Speech Pathology. My first alert receives a broad range of articles. Some of the headings are about people who are involved in Speech Pathology but describe unrelated activites. It seems I will find some very informative links and some that are irrelevant to me. I may go back and narrow my topic of alert, so that I will only receive certain topics.

I looked into Google Scholar as well. This search tool helps me to search information on specific disorders and challenges I face in my career. For example, I used Scholar to search articulation disorders. This narrows my results from the general topic of Speech Pathology. This application of Google is useful for locating research studies and interventions in my field.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find that many of the Google Scholar entries required purchase? That has been my experience, and my teachers do not wish to purchase an article--they want it for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I would use many articles if they were free. Unfortunately it seems a lot of the articles are for purchase only.

    ReplyDelete