Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #15

I think Library and Web 2.0 is a wonderful concept. I think that advancing technology needs exactly these kinds of sites in order for common people to be able to use the available tools. I agree that with the advancement of Web 2.0 and the decreased need of printed literature, we need more librarians in the schools as mentioned by Rick Anderson in Away from the "icebergs". 23 Things is helping me understand Web 2.0 and I think there should be more people in locations such as the library to provide support in this area.
I completely understand and appreciate the evolution of printed resources to web resources, but feel that more resources should be free on the web if this is the direction we are moving. It is very inexpensive or free to have a library membership and check out resource books. Now that we are using the web, there are meany sites that charge as some of us found when searching with Google Scholar. Maybe the answer is to have cheap or free memberships to these tools, more like the library. I don't know but it seems like the more complex things get, the more expensive they also get.

No comments:

Post a Comment