Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #16

I completely misunderstood Wikis before this exercise. I am embarrassed to admit this, but I had not idea they could be set up and edited so easily. I often look up information on Wikipedia and took it as fact. I realize that a lot of the information on Wikipedia probably is factual, but I will be more cautious before believing what i read now that I understand Wikis.
I actually like them more now that I understand. I think Wikis will be very useful to share lessons and materials with Speech Pathologists in my district and others as well. I also enjoyed the example on Common Craft because it shows how a Wiki can be used for personal collaboration too. I am currently planning an event with friends. We email short phrases back and forth several times a day. A Wiki would be perfect for us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment