Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #19

Many of the tools are useful. I am already familiar with YouTube which I think is extrememly helpful for demonstration and cueing for some children. Occassionally some of our younger students are reluctant to repeat the word or sound that we are trying to elicit. Sometimes showing them a video or clip or someone making a similar sound inspires them to try. I think Delicious is wonderful for keeping bookmarks easily accessible.
I looked into Revolution Health for this Thing #19. It is the top ranked health tool on this award list. This is a useful tool for me because it provides information and suggestions for many health issues. Several of the students I have close contact with have more than speech impairments. I like to read about other involved conditions, so I can understand more about each child. Revolution Health has a lot of information on Autism and other condidtions relevant to me. It also has some parenting information, which is helpful to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment